All Discussions (2953)

Sort by

Constant mourning?

Hi all you good people, I recently read a very interesting book called 'Psychodermatology' which dealt with the psychological aspects / impact of having to live with skin conditions such as Vitiligo. I was interested in the idea that when we lose so

Read more…
7 Replies

Sunburn

I have had Vit since I was 32 and I am 58 now. I know not to be in the sun for very long. On Friday I was in VA Beach with my grandson. I used sunblock 50 on my skin. I was under an umbrella and on a chair. When I sprayed the sunblock on my feet ther

Read more…
2 Replies

Excimer Laser

Hi, has anyone tried the excimer laser? If so, what were your results? I'm beginning treatment in a few weeks, and I would love to hear some feedback.

Read more…
2 Replies

Cosmetics

I tried brown without the sun, various foundations, but have not found something that is easy to apply and cover with. It would be fun to feel fine sometimes in the summer. Especially the knees are difficult to cover. Any suggestions?

Read more…
0 Replies

Chickpea?

Hi everyone, I'm new member here. I saw some people here are using Chickpea. Can anybody tell what kind of Chickpea i should buy? Thanks in advance. Jason

Read more…
0 Replies

Bai Dian Feng Jiao Nang

Hey! I was just wondering if anyone has tried the Chinese remedy Bai Dian Feng Jiao Nang, apparently for vitiligo. Saw it on ebay but thought I'd ask before adding another pill to my treatment regime - I might rattle from all the supplements I take!

Read more…
4 Replies

Famous People with Vitiligo

Famous People With Vitiligo

In our daily goings-on we don’t often see someone else with vitiligo, so sometimes it’s comforting to read of people who have vitiligo and have achieved a level of notoriety in their industry.

Graham Norton is a British

Read more…
0 Replies

Cure to Vitiligo in Cuba?

Has anyone ever come across anyone with an experience of a cure to their vitiligo in Cuba? I'm fluent in Spanish and English and one day did a search for cures to vitiligo (cura para el mal del pinto - in Spanish) and came across a website for a clin

Read more…
5 Replies

WhiteRoom

Friday evening - doing a bit of ViT Friends surfing and what's on the radio? White Room by The CREAM A little oblique but I loved the irony :-) LOL Mike

Read more…
0 Replies

Vitiligo and Diet

Hi, I am an average petite person and like to maintain my weight. I wanted to go on a special diet but for some of the things I would like to eat are milk and milk products but I have heard from many that milk and milk products are not healthy for pe

Read more…
0 Replies

Was just diagnosed

I just came from the doctor and was diagnosed with vitiligo. I had a strong suspicion that this is what I was dealing with and finally had it confirmed by a dermatologist. My OBGYN noticed my first spot about a year and a half ago on my inner thigh w

Read more…
2 Replies