yo!

well just joined here today, hope ya all cool. well i've got large white patches on right hand wrist, right elbow, under chin round mouth and both eyes and smaller patches scattered all over apart from legs. had them for about 6yrs, then not long after i got type 1 diabetes and underactive thyroid which caused by the same thing. not really vain about it, wanting to cover it up but its kinda spreading.

You need to be a member of Vitiligo Friends to add comments!

Join Vitiligo Friends

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• See this discussion, I hope this would by helpful for you regarding the treatment guidance for vitiligo.
    http://vitiligo.ning.com/forum/topics/690521:Topic:1622

Thanks and wish you heal soon.
  • Forgot to mention that had vitiligo a yr before had type1 diabetes so prob was a sign that summat was up tho doc didn't take anynotice
  • Well. I think anything that set's off my autoimmune system like cuts colds etc will make it worse. So really i don't see the point in getting cream or anything cuz happening from inside. .
  • Hello, Mobs!

My Vitiligo is quite quite similar to yours, although I don't have diabetes or an underactive thyroid--as far as I know. :) You feel they are all related?
    • yeah. caused by autoimmune attacking the healthy stuff. well since moved here in rugby where it's pretty green, its spreading faster cuz the pollen irritates me, gives me slightly runny nose which comes and not quite goes lot more than where i used to live so probably means that autoimmune still playing havoc non-stop.

on diabetes daily forum, on a thread i started about having all three, there are some other people with all the same problems.
      • My Vitiligo definitely started after moving to a higher allergy area (Sacramento), but I've never made a connection between the two.
This reply was deleted.