New Vitiligo Trial

I received an email from John Harris yesterday regarding a new study for JAK inhibitors. This is a great way for you to get FREE medicine and hopefully have the results you want! I would love to participate in this study but unfortunately no longer have Vitiligo on my face (which is a requirement). 

In order to qualify for this study, you must meet a certain set of requirements, known as inclusion criteria. Some of the key inclusion criteria are as follows:

  1. You are 18 to 65 years of age
  2. You have been diagnosed with non-segmental vitiligo by a healthcare professional
  3. You have vitiligo on your face
  4. You have vitiligo on other parts of your body besides face
  5. You agree to discontinue all treatments you use to treat vitiligo while you are participating in the clinical trial, including creams, phototherapy, and any oral medicines
  6. You are healthy overall and have normal blood work up and labs

 This trial is now seeking to enroll 330 eligible patients world wide. It will last for approximately a year  and requires a total 19 visits to the clinic over the course of the study. It is a randomized, double-blind, dose-ranging clinical trial, which means patients will randomly be placed in groups with some patients receiving the study drug at different doses while others receive a control drug (placebo group) that does not contain any medication. Various doses of the study drug will be tested. The study drug to placebo ratio is 5:1 – in other words, you will have an 83% chance of being on the actual drug and a 17% chance of being on placebo during the first  6 months (24 weeks) of the study. 
Link to the survey: 

Study info:

You need to be a member of Vitiligo Friends to add comments!

Join Vitiligo Friends

Email me when people reply –


  • Bless you for taking the time to share this information.  I did not choose regimentation  as the way to resolve my vitiligo (I decided to depigment); however, that is not to say that ALL forms of vitiligo are resistant to complete and long-term repigmenatation. 

    I hope you're doing well, Sue.

    Kindest regards,

    Jackie Renaud

This reply was deleted.